We have included access keys on the main navigation of this website to help users to access content more quickly and to aid motor impaired users who are unable to use a mouse.
The access keys work on a simlar basis to what you may have come across before, for example in Microsoft Word or Excel. Many people have used shortcuts in these types of applications such as 'Ctrl + S' to quick save a document or 'Ctrl + O' to open a document.
Access Keys work on the very same basis except for two differences:
- 1. You need to press and hold the Alt key on the keyboard and a letter rather than 'Ctrl'.
- 2. You need to press 'Enter' or 'Return' once you have press the shortcut / access key you want.
Sounds simple? It is! We have provided a list of the access keys and the pages they link to below:
- Home Page = 'Alt + a'
- About our Town = 'Alt + b'
- Bourne History = 'Alt + c'
- Bourne Gallery = 'Alt + d'
- How to Find us = 'Alt + e'
- Demographics = 'Alt + f'
- General Information = 'Alt + g'
- Explore Bourne on Foot = 'Alt + h'
- Haunted Bourne = 'Alt + i'
- Bourne Climate = 'Alt + j'
- Support Bourne = 'Alt + k'
- Bourne Community = 'Alt + l'
- Business Directory = 'Alt + m'
- Places to Stay = 'Alt + p'
- Food and Drink = 'Alt + q'
- Things to Do = 'Alt + r'
- Property = 'Alt + s'
- Leisure and Entertainment = 'Alt + t'
- Services = 'Alt + u'
- Local Jobs = 'Alt + v'
- Local Events = 'Alt + x'
- Access Keys = 'Alt + 1'
- Accessibility = 'Alt + 2'
- Customise = 'Alt + 3'
- About the Creator = 'Alt + 5'
Remember to press 'ENTER' after pressing your shortcut!